Friday, July 10, 2009

Quassy Redux

Today I had to go to Klaff's to take care of some plumbing issues. I realized we were so close to the aquarium that we should pop in since we are members after all. Lola actually loved Klaff's and all the pretty lighting and shiny bath fixtures!

I found a spot in the lot right by the aquarium and was lucky enough for the guy who was leaving to tell me the space was paid for all day. So, free parking it was! We ran around the aquarium and checked out the penguins for the first time. Lola had a ball. We headed back to camp to get Grace and Lola was asleep within minutes of beginning the drive back to Weston.

Tonight we went to Quassy for the 25 cent night. Well, the first time we went we had such a good time and it was a good experience. This time it was a zoo! It was so crowded that we stayed for an hour and left. The lines for rides and food were so long. While the kids were on the merry go round I got us cotton candy and then stood in the train line. I was almost to the front when the ride was closed because the train broke.

We decided to get something to eat on the way home. We stopped at Swanky Frank's in Newtown. It's your standard roadside grub with picnic tables outside. I had my yearly milkshake. So, not all was lost.

One thing we did do right was avoided the Merritt and took back roads. That saved us about 15-20 minutes driving north. On the way home we went the same way and I saw a racoon. So, we learned what route to take and to go to Quassy early in the season. We may try to go back again in the fall.

Tomorrow it's looking like we'll check out the Weston Farmer's Market and the new MacDaddy's in Georgetown. Yum-they only serve mac and cheese and salad. Interesting-wish I had thought of that! Then we plan to go to the Japanese Festival. Finally, we have a sitter tomorrow night and aren't sure what we're doing except relaxing without kids for a few hours!

No comments: