Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Magic Show and beyond

Today we picked Grace up from camp and headed to Nails and More on Post Rd in Westport. They were packed and we ended up waiting 40 minutes for a chair. They're packed for good reason Mon-Wed. They offer a mani and pedi for $25! Lola's class gave the teachers a gift certificate from there as a parting gift this year.

I figured I'd take the kids with me to get a pedi so I wouldn't have to pay a sitter. I figured it would be a wash. Well, that's not exactly accurate. The place asks you things like "do you want your calluses removed" and "do you want quick dry?" Of course, you say yes to both not knowing there is an upcharge for each additional item. Grace got a pedi and then got a mani-both with extras that weren't cleared through me. She got flowers painted on two toes and hearts on two fingers. Luckily the technician gave her those extras for free!

I didn't have time to get my mani and came out with a pedi. The girl did end up cutting my pinky toe with the file, which smarted! Everyone was really nice and we will go back, but knowing that the $25 special will likely end up costing $35 when it's all said and done. I spent $71 for both of us with tip. Would have been cheaper to leave the kids with a sitter! Grace was thrilled, so it was worth it this once!

We checked out the Learning Express because we had a birthday gift that was defective. They were pretty good about giving us a credit. I don't see me shopping there much as the prices are very high. But, if you want a quick stop birthday shopping experience, this may be for you.

We went to the Magic of Lyn tonight, which was changed from Levitt to Saugatuck Elementary School. It was a fantastic show! Friends had great seats and let Grace sit with them while Rich, Lola and I sat farther back with other friends. It was a nice night and really worth the price! The Good Humor Man was outside afterwards and the kids got treats. Lola went to bed with what looked like small hives on her cheeks from the Dora pop. I hope they're gone in the morning!

Tomorrow is playgroup, the pond and the piano tuner. Grace had her piano lesson today and did surprisingly well for no practice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome show. Here are some pictures: http://bubblesncups.wordpress.com/2009/07/09/do-you-believe-in-magic-mads-does/