Thursday, July 16, 2009

Disappointment

I had a busy day trying to clean up around the house and get ready for our weekend camping trip. (We're going to Delaware Water Gap in PA.) I also had to go to Rich's work to get a paper notarized, which led to lunch.

Needless to say, dinner was an after-thought! I gave Rich the option of leftovers, take out or The Beach Cafe. He chose the cafe, but didn't get home til well after 6. We hustled over to make our reservation and found it not to be crowded at all. In fact, our kids were the first there for movie night. Finding Nemo was playing. For some reason Lola had no interest in staying upstairs with Grace to eat and watch the movie.

I should have seen it coming. The whole idea is to get a nice dinner without the kids, but that wasn't to be tonight. Not much good came out of this evening.

Rich ordered the French onion soup to start. It was very salty and featured two bay leaves. I told him at least that means he'll have good luck! Then I tried my fish tacos. The first time I was there I had them and liked them. This time they just weren't very good and I couldn't even eat it all. Rich's lobster roll was poor. He mentioned that Stew's lobster rolls he had last night were so much better. Tonight's were $20 for one vs. the $10 for two at Stew's.

By the way, even though we enjoyed last weeks' meal there, Rich said the meatballs weren't good with the spaghetti and meatballs. I don't eat meat and wouldn't know. How do you mess up spaghetti and meatballs?!

The service tonight was really poor, the food was poor and the price was double what it should have been. They even charged us $3 for the chocolate milk that Lola had upstairs when she went up briefly-after already charging for it downstairs.

So, Rich has declared that The Beach Cafe is off our list. Darn. It was a great idea!

To top it all off, Rich had to drive to Waterbury tonight to get our Airstream from the "shop." Too bad there is now a thunder and lightning storm! I hope his trip goes smoothly!

No comments: