Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Around Town

I should really write down during the day what I plan to write at night. When it's late and I'm tired I tend to forget what I was going to blog about!

After camp drop off, we headed to Fairfield for an errand. We first stopped into the McDonald's in Westport. At 1:45 pm the place was a mob scene. Parking was a bear and the line inside was long. I told Lola I was sorry, but that we weren't waiting. In the year we've been here I have never been there because there is no drive through. I decided to treat her for her potty training efforts today. We ended up going to Arby's on the return trip because they have a drive-through.

Then we passed the Westport Inn. Turns out that Conte's will be opening there soon. They're new website is here http://www.contesmarketandgrill.com/ . They used to be on Saugatuck Ave and had closed not too long ago. I have a www.restaurant.com coupon for their old location and wonder if they'll honor it.

We stopped into the car wash on the way back from our errand and I wasn't really paying attention. I always just ask for the "regular wash." They often have the $9.99 outside wash deal, which is what I want. The guy said "you want the in and out, right?" I thought he was referring to a quick wash where you get in and out fast. After we walked inside I saw them trying to vacuum over the mounds of stuff in the car. I ran out to find that the "In and Out" is the $17.99 inside and out wash. Glad I stopped them in time!

After camp we went to Stew Leonard's again. Even after the bad seafood I got from there I purchased the lobster rolls for Rich's dinner. By the way, they're 2 for $9.99 and delicious, he said. He had the lobster roll from the snack shop at Compo beach one day and it was around $14 for one. He said it was very good, too. But, you can't beat Stew's price!

Oh, another thing I learned from a friend after my fish incident, was that Fjord Fisheries has excellent fish. I saw it today behind Pho Mekong (yummy Thai and Vietnamese food) on Post Rd. If I ever get brave enough to try to cook fish again, I'll try them. I've also heard from several people that the Rowayton Fish Company is very good and on the water. http://www.rowaytonseafood.com/home.html

We got a lot of stuff for our upcoming camping trip and then got the requisite ice cream that is free with over $100 purchase. I got Lola chocolate ice cream, which really wasn't very tasty. Grace wanted to try the tart yogurt. She actually liked it. We enjoyed visiting the animals. It was fun to see the guy again that takes care of the animals. He was on break and had just gone over to pet the baby goat. It's apparent that he really loves the animals. Last visit we saw him feeding the goat with a bottle. He said she drinks whole milk. One tip he offered is that if you want to pet them, go to the road-side of the pen and find some hay on the ground. You can reach over more easily and they'll certainly come if you have food!

Tonight we went to Levitt Pavilion for the first time. Princess Katie and Racer Steve performed. It was a cute venue and the group was really great. The kids had a ball and had no trouble going to sleep tonight!

There were fliers in the library parking lot for Robeks. They offer a nightly special from 6-9 pm at their Westport store for a 4 oz tart yogurt with three toppings. We'll have to check it out now that we know Grace is a tart yogurt fan!

No comments: