Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beach Day

We got up late today, which was nice. I'm still not feeling great with poison ivy covering a lot of my body! One arm just burns and my neck and jawline are itchy. I found some new spots on my shoulder/back and leg. When will this end?! I did have a headache again today and still feel tired. I guess it's from the poison in my body.

After lounging around we decided to just hit Compo beach so I could rest. The beach was the most crowded I've ever seen it, but it was still fun. We saw friends there, too. The kids had a ball with their new boogie boards. I bought them months ago when in the Poconos at Five Below. Oh, how I wish we had a Five Below around here! If you haven't been, you're missing out!

We had the food from the beach concession, which isn't the healthiest, but is convenient. I will say I got a big thing of carrots and celery and made the kids eat that before they got anything too junky!

We went home and rested through the afternoon. Then we decided to try to find a water restaurant for dinner. I had seen one in So Norwalk when I was at Klaff's recently. This is the place:
http://www.sonoseaportseafood.com/sonodining.html

Unfortunately, it was very crowded with an hour wait for the patio and 20 minutes for indoors. We opted to leave and check out the place across the bridge that a friend had told me about. The place turned out to be Overton's and was the kind of little local place we love!
http://www.overtons-seafood.com/index.html

Ok, so the kids could only eat the chicken nuggets and my dinner of fried shrimp and onion rings and slaw tasted like it could have been about anything fried, it was still a fun place to eat. Oh, and the chocolate milkshake tasted like vanilla. I have to have a really chocolatey milkshake. Still, though, it's a fun place if you like fried seafood.

Here is another waterfront restaurant that is located right next to Overton's:
http://www.harborlightsrestaurant-ct.com/index2.htm

So, we have two waterfront restaurants that we want to try before the summer is over! The tricky part is that we're toying with the idea of trying a gluten free/caseine free diet with Grace. That's really going to cramp our eating out style!

Well, off to try to make a dent in the last part of The Ten Year Nap. Book discussion on Monday!

No comments: