Friday, March 7, 2008

Sock Hop Night!

Lola and I dropped Grace off at school and then went to Wegman's for a pre-weekend shopping trip. It's so nice to go early in the morning before it gets crowded. Another grocery has a new service where you can order groceries online and then just go pick them up. I love the concept, but after using the service twice, think I'll only use it periodically. Their selection of organics and other items I use isn't as good as Wegman's. And, the last time I got an oudated can, split open bananas and have to pay a $4.95 service charge.


After the trip I hunkered down to try to get Lisa Williams tickets as soon as they went on sale at 10 am. My friend, Julia, and I are going as a late birthday celebration for me. Rich did want to go, but we weren't able to get in contact with our sitter to see if she could sit that night. So, at the stroke of 10 I was vying for tickets and did end up with Orchestra Row K seats. So, hopefully, if anyone wants to come through for us, Lisa will be able to hear them! Yes, she's a clairvoyant. I never would have believed in such things if I hadn't had many experiences over the years that made me believe otherwise! Here's hoping G-maw comes a-calling!


I have so little clothes for myself that when I got the new Lands' End catalog that included free shipping, I thought I'd do a little shopping. I spent a long time shopping online today and have a full cart. Rich may do a little tonight and then I'll place my order. It's great to have it shipped to the house and then I can try everything on at my "leisure" and then take it back to the local Sears store if it doesn't work.


I did walk on the treadmill, but cut it short due to my virtual shopping trip and Lola waking from her nap. Naughty mommy!


Grace came home from school very excited about the sock hop tonight. It had been scheduled for last Friday, but was postponed due to impending bad weather that night. She was very happy because she was sick last Friday and would have missed it.


She was very excited because she had a "date" for the dance. She and Milo have been playing a lot at school lately and had decided to dance together tonight. They literally hung out the whole time and even kissed a few times. My baby is only 5-what foreshadowing! His mom told me he has nothing but honorable intentions-that's pretty funny!


Lola had so much fun running around the gym. She got knocked over a few times and didn't like that one bit, but still had fun. She kept sneaking in the limbo line and kept going under the stick. She especially loved the chicken dance! She was mesmorized watching everyone do that and other dances. Occasionally, she'd be moving to the beat. We did get pictures and will post them eventually!

Rich is going to watch a movie and I'm going to sleep.
Here's a photo from the porch at the Settlement. This was taken the last day we were in Disney and heading home with the truck and popup. Incidentally, the guy who took the picture was from Breinigsville, PA! It's a small world after all!

No comments: