Saturday, March 8, 2008

It Was a Very Blustery Day

This morning the kids were up early, which means so was momma! "Momma" is what both kids call me. I think Grace started calling me that again because that's what Lola calls me.



We decided to go buy Grace some new sneakers for school. I had already looked at Target and couldn't find anything so we went to Payless. Grace was more interested in all the accessories and other pretty shoes in the store. We were getting very annoyed with her and decided to go to Kohl's. Well, turns out we spent a lot more than I had wanted on a pair of Skechers. And, she still kept asking for more. We should have realized it was going to be a long day!



After shopping we went to Buca di Beppo for an early lunch so we could get Lola back for a nap. It wasn't very crowded, but did take a while. The natives were definitely restless and we were glad to finally leave with a lot of take out for dinner.



I have to mention that throughout all this time we were warning Grace that we wouldn't be going to the swim party tonight hosted by the Families with Children from China group at Swim-in Zone if she didn't start behaving better.



We hung around the house all day and really just had a lazy day. Grace just wasn't listening well and we did take the swim party away. We feel we have to get tougher with her or she'll continue to not listen and act out. She was a bit disappointed, but it didn't seem to phase her all that much.



We had a lot of rain throughout the day. It finally stopped and started to get brighter. So, I thought since we weren't able to get out to swim we'd go for a walk. We got the wagon out and bundled up. The kids were eating apples as Rich and I took turns pulling the wagon. We kept watching the sky and at one point Grace mentioned that it looked like it would rain. Sure enough, a few minutes later it started raining pretty hard and then sleeting. Lola seemed a bit alarmed and I really thought it was quite funny as we turned around and booked it home.



Rich pulled out a family movie and we watched Grace as a baby. Lola kept saying it was "La-Lo" as she calls herself. It was funny to hear us calling "Gracie." We don't call her Gracie anymore. I started calling her "Grace" as a nickname and it just stuck. When I'm talking to Lola about her I tend to say "Gracie," though.


The video showed us in Hershey and at Keuka with my family and in Spain. Oh, how it made me want to go somewhere!



Anyway, I need to get to sleep since we have to "spring forward" tomorrow morning.



We have just signed up to walk with my MOMS Club team in the March for Babies. Here is a
photo from our first March of Dimes walk in 2006.

No comments: