Thursday, March 6, 2008

Crown Day



Well, little Princess Grace got a crown today, but not the type she had in mind! Recently we found out that Grace needs some extensive dental work. So, today was the first of four appointments. She donned a pink nose and breathed bubble gum scented nitrous oxide while the dentist went to work. She did very well and was treated with a chocolate McDonald's milkshake on the way home. Hmm, that's the kind of thing that got us in this trouble in the first place!




Lola did very well at the office, too. She gets lots of attention wherever she goes and today was no exception. She played with kids in the waiting room as well as with the nurses and dentist. She had a ball-and brought one home, too!




Besides our dentist day, Lola and I took a gift to the person that I'm the "Secret Sister" of for MOMS Club. It must have been a sight seeing me run up her lawn and drop the bag on her porch and run back to my car-all before 8:30 am! Then we stopped into Target for gifts for the twins' birthday party this weekend.




When Lola went down for her nap I jumped on the treadmill and really hoofed it today. I have been reading while walking, but just not getting the "burn" that I should be getting. After all, summer is on the way and I haven't been liking what I've been seeing in the mirror every week before Lola's parent/child swim class.




Now Rich is on the way to get us take out. Grace is eating all soft foods tonight and we'll just eat some junk. I've been so good about cooking, but sometimes just don't feel inspired.




I'll be ready to hit the couch tonight and enjoy my guilty pleasure-American Idol! Yes, I do watch it and enjoy almost every minute of it! Ok, so I don't love the night they cut people, but tend to watch it anyway. I've been watching in the basement as we have a cool function on that tv that enables me to have "picture in picture" and to "swap" channels easily. This way I can watch HGTV, TLC or Food Network and know when AI is coming back on.




Actually, lately I've been caught up in politics. It's getting very interesting! I even sent in a change of party form so that I can vote in the PA primary. So, often you can find me catching the spin on the day's headlines.




Grace watched the end of AI with me and has checked out my blog and would like me to post this picture of her at Disney World!


Oh, and here is a picture of Lola during one of our recent snows! Looks like she's having a blast, huh?!

No comments: