Monday, March 17, 2008

My new obsession

No, blogging isn't my new obsession, as you might have guessed from the lack of daily posts!

My cousin, Karen, started an Etsy Store selling her handmade purses. I had never heard of Etsy and now I'm hooked! It is all things handmade! I just bought a custom purse from her and a handmade shirt from someone in California! Here are the links if you're interested in checking out my new purchases!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9719064 My bag will be similar to this, but Karen will make the straps longer and put a few more pockets inside.

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7842341 I love this top! Ok, so I hope the stripes don't make me look fat! The woman that's making it is going to make it to my measurements!

My baby is growing up! I just signed Lola up for preschool in the fall. Actually, it's called Play Days and it's at a local church on Mon, Tues and Fri from 9-12. I really wanted Tues-Thurs, but took what I could get. She'll have two different teachers and one turns out to be someone from MOMS Club that I've never met, but have spoken to many times online.

It turns out this woman is the one that is doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day. I made a challenge to the MOMS Club that I'd match donations to her walk. We were able to raise $170 in support of my dear aunt that is battling the disease right now. The woman walking has pledged to raise $2500!

Speaking of charities, we're doing the 5 mile March for Babies for the March of Dimes in April. This will be our second time walking for MOD and our third walk we've done as a family. Lola will be joining the effort this year! If you'd like to support our effort, please go to my personal page at:
www.marchforbabies.org/LynMilliman

Thank you!

1 comment:

Karen Meyers said...

Cute top! And thanks for the plug. Be careful, Etsy can really become an obsession, I know first hand.