Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Moms EMT

When I moved here I was disappointed not to find a local MOMS Club. I had been the president of my Allentown club and found it a great way to get connected quickly to the local mom scene. I did find this group and have had fun getting to know these women. They have a monthly meeting where the kids are in the classrooms downstairs with sitters while the moms have social time and hear a speaker. There are mom's nights out, playdates and other fun outings. The one drawback is that most of the moms are from Fairfield and Trumbull and most of the outings are over that way, too. What I have found refreshing is that they're all very down-to-earth and friendly.

http://www.momsemt.com/

I had a lovely day today. I did go for my massage and then went into Old Navy to look for a suit. They're all half price, but there aren't many sizes left. I also looked for shoes in the Nine West store and they didn't have anything that I like for NYC tomorrow. I want something comfortable that's cute. I'll have to come up with something from my own closet. I also got my hair cut and highlighted. Not sure I like it yet or not. She really cut a lot and I hadn't even planned to get a haircut!

I'm hitting the big city tomorrow. Should be a fun time!

No comments: