Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day recap

This morning Grace was up by 7:30, which didn't give me much sleeping in time! My little Lola is a champion sleeper and got up around 9:15.

Spent the morning just cleaning up and doing laundry. Rich's parents called and said they had gotten lost. So, they didn't get in til around 12:30. Rich had gotten the requisite Gold's Deli stuff and the table was set. We all sat down to eat as soon as they got in.

We sat around for a while chatting and then Rich's mom suggested seeing UP. We hurried to get ready and headed to Fairfield. Lola fell asleep in the car and woke up in the theater. She did well and sat for the whole movie-her first movie at a theater-besides IMAX.

What a sad movie! Grace and I were sobbing through a lot of it. Me because I just found it so sad and touching and she for the same reason and because there were some scary, intense parts. She didn't like it much and wanted to go home. If you'd ask her now if she liked it, she may say she did!

We went home and then went back out to The Red Barn http://www.redbarnrestaurant.com/ for dinner. It's not really my type of place-typical continental cuisine-steak and seafood. The place really was an old barn, which I love. Some day I want to live in a barn house. The decor is rustic and filled with antiques. The food was pretty good. Everyone liked their food. I was very disturbed by the iceberg lettuce salad. I mean who serves that kind of pedestrian salad anymore? I'm not a big fish person, but decided to try the fish with BBQ sauce served over lentils. I adore lentils, but what a weird combo. Just didn't work for me.

The kids had the chicken fingers and fries. I tried the chicken finger and it had a lot of bland batter on it and just wasn't very good. Neither ate much. Most likely because they had filled up on bread. The bread was good, but can't usually be messed up too bad.

We skipped dessert and ate the eclairs that Rich's parents brought from Perkins. Well, that made my night!

Now, what to do tomorrow?!

No comments: