Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weekend Coming Right Up

I got up early to start cleaning for the open house. You'd never know Joanna had been here yesterday! I spent almost every spare moment running around and then took Lola to Grandma and Grandpa's for her nap. I sat and read an entire People and Cookie Magazine! Woohoo!

There was a good showing at the open house with comment cards left behind for us. We're hearing most everything we already know that we can't or don't want to change. We have yet to speak with our realtor, but will discuss how to go forward with her tomorrow.

This weekend Grace will have a make up swim class and a birthday party. Other than that, we'll see what we feel like doing. It's nice to be home for another weekend, although I know I'll be up early cleaning on Sunday for the public open house.

Rich got Grace a new bike this week. Her old bike I had found at a consignment store. She never was able to ride it well. The new bike is a really good one and she's already doing much better with it. The girls rode their bikes after we went to Buca di Bepo tonight.

Lola is really talking up a storm these days. She mostly says the beginning of all words, but if worked on she can usually say the ending, too. She is starting to put multiple words together and is repeating a lot of words we say. With Grace being such an advanced talker, I was a bit concerned about Lola. She's still using signs and words for some things, but mostly using language to communicate.

Our friends aren't able to camp with us next weekend. So, we decided to have a "last hurrah" before Rich starts work on the 16th. We're going up to camp in Lake George again. There is a really great campground there that we tried for the first time last year. We love the area and will be there four nights in the Airstream. Ah luxury! Luxury to me is not having to get up and, um, tinkle outside at night because I don't want to walk to the bathhouse! Oh, and, I actually take showers now when camping because I can do it in the privacy of my own "home!" I'll admit, it's not as rustic as before, but is a heck of a lot more comfy!

I can't believe Grace is on her way to being a first grader! She brought home her nap mat and other things she won't need anymore because they have a field trip tomorrow to the fish hatchery and then three half days next week and that's it! And, little Lola will be two on Tuesday. Time sure does fly!

No comments: