Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lazy day

Lola hasn't slept well the past two nights. Oh, it reminds me of the "old" days with her not sleeping. How did I survive?! The kids were both up early and we just stayed around most of the day. Lola took a three hour nap and then we went to look at a car for Rich and then to the grocery to pick a cake for Lola's party. Della came over to visit for a while after we returned. Dinner was leftovers and take out from Cali Burrito-yum!

Lola is really trying to talk these days. Today she hugged Grace and said, "Love Grace" in the special way she says it-that only we can understand! She often will hurt me or pretend to hurt me and then I'll say that makes me sad and she'll hug me and say "love." We spent a long time building towers with Lego-type blocks today. She loves building and balls. She took a ruler and was hitting a ball with it on the floor. She'll play catch any time someone will play!

Grace went to a make up swim lesson today. She is doing very well with swimming and has moved up to the next level. When we move I need to find her another swim school. She is just a natural swimmer-or a fish as one of her teachers called her. She got out and rode her new bike today. It has training wheels on it, but just seems so much easier for her to ride than the old one. I'm so glad we got her a good one!

Tomorrow morning a mover is coming to take the piano to NYC for refinishing. They will then deliver it to CT once it's done and we're moved in. It will seem strange without it! Both girls are very interested in the piano, which makes me think lessons aren't far behind.

Rich will take the girls to Cabela's tomorrow for an outing. They love going to see the stuffed animals, aquarium, feed the fish, use the shooting gallery and get snacks and anything else that catches their eye. We have a public open house tomorrow and I've got to get the place looking good again. Once the kids are let loose, the place is a disaster! The weather has been very hot and I'm wondering if baking those cookies is a good idea? I also got some flowers and put them in a pretty vase. Here's hoping for some good interest!

When Rich returns with the girls tomorrow he'll take Grace to a birthday party at Bounce U and I'll take Lola for her nap at Grandma's. Hopefully I'll get in some more magazine time!

You may recall my addiction with Etsy.com. I've been looking for fun and different gifts for birthday parties. We have two parties coming up so I had custom capes made for a boy and girl. They have their first initials on the back. They can play super hero or princess with them. I hope they're a hit!

No comments: