Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day #3

Rich started his new job on Monday and so far, so good! We spent Wednesday through Sunday in Lake George camping and had a really nice time. We got home around 4:30 and then we unpacked the camper and Rich took it to storage and then packed himself up and headed for CT. The traffic was so bad that he didn't get in til 11:30 pm.

I titled this "Day #3" because it's the third day that I've been with the kids without Rich home. We're doing pretty well and staying busy. The first night my friend, Julia, and her daughter, Clara, spent the night, which was fun. Julia brought dinner, which was a huge help. We had done two errands that day and that was enough for Grace. So, we didn't make it to the grocery store.

The next day we went to "Flip Zone" at Parkettes. The kids really enjoyed running around and playing on the equipment. Then we met Grandma and Grandpa at Perkins to see "Mickey Mouse." The kids had a ball and truly believed it was he.

Today we had planned to go to Wildwater Kingdom. It was actually quite cool today and Grace wasn't that interested in going so we just stayed home. Joanna was here and we opened every window we could open in the house and turned off the a/c. Oh, it makes such a difference! The house smells fresh and is naturally cool. She is great with the kids and is an extra set of eyes. It was very handy to have her here once I got the call that we had a showing today.

I put Lola down at noon and then had to wake her before 2. We went to get the cashier's check for the car Rich is buying this weekend. Before that we went to McDonald's and the kids played on the outdoor playground and barely ate anything, which didn't bother me!

We came home for a while and then went to G&G's for dinner. They had bought Lincoln Logs for Lola's birthday and the girls played with them while there, which they enjoyed. After that we came home and watched a marathon of "Jon and Kate Plus 8."

Lola's speech is developing daily. Everyday she says something new. She will usually repeat what we say to her. She is putting two and three words together. Still my favorites are "love Mama" and "night night Mama." Joanna insists Lola is speaking Polish by the way she says "mama."

Grace is always making up a play and always wants to pretend. Tonight she wanted to pretend we had 100 kids. Other times she talks with me about very serious things. She asked me about something and I said that I usually tell her the real story not just what you would tell a child. She told me that's why she's so mature.

I got the roster for Lola's preschool class. I sent an email to the other 7 families and have heard back from several. One family is moving to CT from South Africa. They have all been very welcoming and have offered to help.

I saw my first fire fly tonight. I guess it really is summer!

We're heading to OH on Saturday to pick up Rich's car he's buying. He found it on eBay and decided to pick it up instead of have it shipped so we could go visit Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Bill. Rich will drive it back to CT on Sunday and I'll stay til Monday or Tuesday.

No comments: