Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little bit of culture

Our day started well with everyone having a good nights' sleep and sleeping fairly late. We puttered around and then went to the family Gymboree class. Both girls had fun!

Sadly, my mom called and left me a message that she wasn't feeling well enough for us to visit. So, we've decided that Rich will drive to Cleveland in a rental car and will drive the new car back all on Saturday. Mom called later to say she was better, but never knows how she'll be feeling from day to day.

We have an open house on Sunday. So, this means I'll have a little longer to prepare for it. I've had the windows open for a few days since it's been so cool. The house smells great and I'll be able to keep them open for the open house if it stays cool. I can put out some fresh flowers and maybe even bake some cookies for that "homey" smell.

I met a lovely woman that was born in Vietnam at Gymboree some months ago. She had married an Iranian and they now have two children. Her parents were visiting this week and they were so gracious to invite us for dinner. Besides Grace being tired and a bit too wild, the night was very nice. Lola played very well alongside Kaveh and the girls both ate very well. I couldn't believe how Lola begged for green beans! She also ate the yummy chicken and lots of rice. Grace ate lots of the tempura-style tilapia, rice and some chicken and beans. I ate all of that plus the chicken and veggies in some sort of sauce. Everything was truly delicious! Her mom worked the entire time we were there and then tended to the baby between bites to eat.

Who knows what the day holds for tomorrow. There is a MOMS Club picnic at night, which we may attend. Rich will be home fairly late. I have to go pick up the rental car for him at 9 pm. I will definitely miss seeing my mom, but not miss the long ride there and back by myself!

No comments: