Sunday, June 8, 2008

Crazy Day

Well, if yesterday was a lazy day, you could call today a crazy day! Thankfully Lola slept fairly well last night, but was up at 6:23 am. No rest for Momma! And I forgot to mention she was crying for her shoes! She adores shoes and usually wants to sleep in them. The first pair I found were squeaky shoes. These are the cute little shoes that squeak when the child walks. Well, it's not so cute that early in the am. Grace told me she was kept up by them and that's why she got up so early. Silly me!

We lied in our bed for a little while, but once I saw that she wasn't going to go back to sleep we got up and started our day. From then til 12:30 I was working to get the house presentable for the open house.

At 7:45 the doorbell rang and the piano movers were on the porch an hour and fifteen minutes early. Luckily Rich was just on his way down the stairs because I was still in my jammies. The guys did a great job moving the piano out. We look forward to having a "brand new" piano when it gets delivered to us in CT. Rich bought this 6 foot 5 inch Kawai grand piano back in his Chicago days and it has followed him ever since-that's a lot of moving for a piano!

Rich took the girls to Cabela's, which was great for all of us. I raced around working in and out and when they returned got Grace ready for her birthday party and took Lola over to Grandma's.

The rest of the day was relaxing and uneventful. I keep thinking I need to write the things down that I want to write about. Lola has really taken off with her speech and I think I want to write about it and then I forget!

I realize I write a lot about Lola. She is doing so many new things. But, I do need to mention what a good big sister Grace is to Lola. She loves her very much and will do almost anything for her-most of the time!

No comments: