Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just returned from Keuka

We drove up to Keuka Lake last weekend. I got the fun job of driving the new Benz while Rich drove the camper and the girls. It was heavenly to have 6 hours of radio time all to myself!

We got up there Saturday and unhitched at a campground in Potter. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get KLSP again so we had to stay nearby. Suffice it to say, we won't be staying in Potter again. After Rich left on Sunday we'd spend most days at the cottage with Gammy and Gampy and then I'd take the girls back and lock ourselves in the camper for the night. Actually, it was totally fine and completely safe, but just wouldn't be my first choice for folks to hang out with-'nuff said!

The girls loved being at the lake and playing in the water. Grace got better and better at jumping off the dock and swimming to the neighbors' raft. They have kids and they both had fun playing with them.

Lola seemed to really blossom last week and is saying many more words and coming into her own. My little baby is really a toddler now! I hate to say she is getting an attitude, too, like her big sister!

Rich came back and spent Friday and Saturday with us at the lake and then we all came back today. We now have satellite radio in the Benz and I jammed to the 80's all the way home! Too bad there was loads of traffic!

He headed back to CT after taking the camper to storage and packing up again for the week. We had take out pizza and wings and he headed off as I put the kids to bed. I can't wait til we're all in CT for good!

So, lots to do this week with laundry, more car issues and moving stuff. Let's hope we all have a good nights' sleep in our own beds!

No comments: