Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The countdown

Well, it's the last full week in our house in Pennsylvania! Mike and Tom took down the plasma tv in the family room and the girls and I miss having that tv to watch. We will never sit and watch tv in that family room again. I keep thinking everything we do is the last time we will do it in this house. We went through this when we lived in DE after Grace came home and now we're moving again not long after Lola has been home. I certainly hope this next move will be it for a very long time!

Grace's big news is that she has a wiggly tooth. The dentist told her that her two front bottom teeth were loose. One has proceeded to get more and more wiggly. I would guess by the time school starts she will have lost it!

Grandpa came over tonight and was knocking on the door while we were doing a bath upstairs. I finally ran down when I thought I heard the door. He was just walking away and the girls came running down the stairs and out the door-NAKED! We were all laughing, but quickly shooed them back into the house before we caused a stir in the neighborhood! I think Grandpa got a kick out of it!

We did end up watching part of the Miss Universe pageant Sunday night. Grace was engrossed. I let her stay up for the whole thing. They showed quite a bit of the country and I saw many things that I'd seen on my three trips to Vietnam. How exciting! Of course, Grace was more interested in the girls and their outfits.

Rich and I went to hear the Dalai Lama speak on generating a good heart on Sunday afternoon. It was a very simple, but profound talk. I was weepy through a good portion of the event because of the content as well as having the feeling that I was witnessing something historic. He was given an honorary doctorate degree by Lehigh University. He's a very funny guy and said that he was honored and happy that he didn't even have to work for it, since he's very lazy!

I'm slowly working on getting things wrapped up this week. Today I had to get a new windshield put in my car. Thankfully they came to our house. Tomorrow my car goes for detailing, but now can't be washed because of the new windshield!

This weekend we're camping with Klavonski's. Rich will take the camper and truck back to CT on Sunday and we'll come back home for the packers on Monday and the movers on Tuesday. After the movers are here on Tuesday we'll head up to CT to meet them on Wednesday.

No comments: