Monday, July 7, 2008

Rain, rain go away

We stayed in all day and Grace never even got out of her pajamas! She said she didn't want to go anywhere, so we didn't! They were both quite good today and let me get some much-needed work done.

One thing that is starting is that Lola is hitting now! I know Grace will occasionally say she accidentally bumped Lola and I'm wondering if Lola is starting to retaliate! We need to nip this in the bud before school starts!

One fun thing we did today is to make popcorn balls. We had two packs of gooey marshmallows left over from camping and I was going to make cereal treats with whatever cereal we had. Grace suggested popcorn and they turned out great-I'm still full from eating so many!

I just found out that the Miss Universe Pageant is being held in Vietnam this year on Sunday from 9-11. I checked out their website and watched some of the information on Miss Vietnam. It looks a bit like "Girls Gone Wild" but I did see them in the New World Hotel, which we visited often for their fabulous buffet.

Here is a link of the contestants visiting Tam Binh, Grace's orphanage:
http://picasaweb.google.com/universe2008pics/Orphanage

I guess Angelina Jolie's adoption from Tam Binh made it a popular spot to visit. The pictures strike me as kind of cool and kind of strange at the same time! Frankly, any attention and gifts the children themselves can get is good in my eyes. A lot of the children shown were special needs and older-both groups ones that most likely will have no chance of being adopted.

Tomorrow the charity truck is picking up a huge amount of stuff from us. I hope it all fits on the front porch.

Carole and the kids are coming to visit and we're hoping to hit Dorney/Wild Water Kingdom. I'm determined to go a few more times to feel we're getting our money's worth from our passes-which we definitely won't this year as Rich probably won't even go at all.

No comments: